Saturday, July 3, 2010

The week that went way wrong!

This week got way off track! I had all these projects that I had planned. Some I need to finish. Then I got sick. It came on all the sudden and hit me like a ton of bricks! So, in the midst of this nasty kidney infection, I have abandoned my projects and enjoyed my time browsing other people's blogs! It has been very fun and VERY inspiring!

I did find a little time to mess around with that door sign I made last week. It just wasn't sitting right with me. You see, I decided to hang it outside on my door. My door is chocolate brown. But not the same brown as the sign. It just didn't pop or really look that great.

I grabbed a grapevine wreath from Hobby Lobby, spray painted it off-white and tied the sign on.

I like it a lot better than just the sign hanging on the door. You can see from this that it really would not have stood out. I am seriously thinking about painting my door. The color has faded over the past three years, but I am not sure what color I want. Any suggestions?

I think I am going to leave the sign/wreath for a while and see how I like it. It will probably have several more remakes before I get it how I like it!

I am excited to say I have been given my first award! :) I'll have a post about tomorrow. Also, I have the primer coat on that enamel cart and may try to get the first coat of green paint on it later today. It is really windy, so it may have to wait till Monday. I am really excited about it though. It is going to replace my daughter's current bedside table (which is currently one of those round mdf tables you cover). Her room is a continuous work in progress. Look for a post next week about her room! I found this HUGE Henredon armoire for only $75.00. It holds all her clothes-quite the accomplishment, believe me! Her room is not very big, so we have downsized her bed. I am trying to get it too look more decorated and less"1000 things thrown in by a 12 year old girl." She is a HUGE reader so we deal with book clutter constantly! If I get VERY brave, I may post some before pictures. Don't count on that though!

Have a great Fourth of July and check back soon to read about the award, the enamel cart, the room redo and SO much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment