I forgot to take a picture of the frame before. I just primed, then sprayed an old ugly frame from which the glass was broken. Since this was for a baby girl, I did the light pink I used on a previous project.
After the pink was dry, I glazed it. You know I love that stuff! :)
This little bird will be in the center. I simply modpodged the paper onto the mdf birdie. Sand around the bird to tear away the excess paper and get a smooth edge.
I was trying to decide where to go from here. My original plan was to mount the modpodged bird onto some covered chipboard.
Instead, I drilled a hole in the bird.Selected some pretty ribbon and tied it onto the frame. I didn't want the bird to slide around a ton, so I used a staple gun and stapled the ribbon to the frame on the back.
Here it is hanging on my wall. I think it turned out kind of cute and I like the depth it has hanging there vs. being mounted on chipboard.
Wouldn't an initial look cute like this too!
This project cost nothing since I had everything on hand. I would expect it would cost you less than $3.00 to make if you had to buy it all.
The past week has been unbelievable crazy, but things have settled back down and I have a TON of great stuff up the shoot! A few side tables, a dining room table, the dresser I have been putting off forever, and much more! Plus, I am getting ready for our fall show season, so I'll be sharing some new designs we are working on for our vinyl signs!